"Mackinac-Style" Peanut Butter Fudge


"Mackinac-Style" Peanut Butter Fudge

**WARNING** 
EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE

This recipe makes a LOT of fudge!

As you can see, I cubed it and it mounded into a 15.25 x 10.25 x 75"!


Look for asterisks (*) at the end of the directions, 
there are TIPS for those things marked!

INGREDIENTS

For each step, you will need:

STEP 1. 
4 Cups White Sugar
1Cup of Milk (I used 2%)
1/2 Cup Butter*

Step 2.
1 Cup of Marshmallow Creme 
(click for the recipe)

1 1/2 Cups of Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy)

STEP 3. 
2/3 Cup Flour 

DIRECTIONS
(cooking with sugar ALWAYS scared me, but after this, I'm confident I won't kill myself)

Spray a 9" x 13" pan, make sure it's deep*.

STEP 1.
In a saucepan*, combine sugar, milk, and butter*.

Bring that up to a boil (not a simmer) and cook for 5 minutes* (don't turn the temp. down unless it'll boil over the top!), make sure to stir it so it doesn't burn.

Take it OFF of the heat after 5 minutes.


STEP 2.
Stir in the Marshmallow Creme and Peanut Butter (keep stirring).

STEP 3.
Add the flour a bit at a time (don't just dump it in), keep stirring.

When it looks smooth and awesome, pour it into your dish and let cool* until set, cube*!

TIPS

*When you could with sugar, especially Marshmallows, spray everything!  The spoon, spatula, the measuring cups, your HANDS! LOL

*If you're making brittle or toffee, keep your pan/dish in the oven (on low) for easy spreading, it won't cool so quickly

*I lined the dish with foil, then sprayed it so that you can just lift it out once cooled

*I used a glass baking dish

*I used a pretty wide pan, it distributes the heat more evenly.

*I used room temp. butter. It speeds up the process.

*I always set my timer before hand, so I can just push "start" instead of forgetting or freaking out.

*DO NOT put your HOT baking dish directly into your fridge.. bad things will happen!

*I tried to cut it right after I pulled it from the fridge, I almost broke my knife!  Let it hang out for a bit before you cut it.






Comments