Steak and Potato Soup





My husband had bought some steaks to throw on the grill this last weekend but he git SO sick.. so..  I made steak and potato soup!  I used whatever I had in the house (plus, I hate peas and carrots), but you can add whatever you'd like!

2 1/2 Lbs. of Ribeye, cubed (I know, right.  I usually use Chuck Roast for this)
2 Cups of frozen corn
2 Cups of frozen green beans
1 14.5 oz. Can of diced tomatoes (don't drain)
1 Packet of Beefy Onion Soup
1 Medium Onion
4 Idaho potatoes, cubed
2 Cups of Water
2 Bay leaves
1 Clove of garlic, minced

I always sear any meat I use in a soup or stew.  When searing a nice piece of meat I try not to add any oil when I sear it in a non-stick pan, that gives it a nice crust.  I seasoned the meat with salt and pepper, added ALL of the ingredients into my slow cooker and cooked on low for about 5 hours.  SO GOOD!

Comments