Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli




MY ACCIDENTAL SUCCESS!

Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli

I was trying out my new slow-cooker “Pasta Fagioli” which is generally a soup! I was down to the last 30 minutes, so I added the pasta (supposed to be 8 oz.) and it just didn't look like it was enough, so I put the entire (16 oz.) box in!  It ended up a pasta dish and not soup at all!  The good news is that it was a HIT!!

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can Cannellini beans, drained
3 Cups of beef stock
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1 (20 ounce) jar [good] spaghetti sauce
8 (or 16) ounces pasta (I used Radiatori)
9 oz. bag of fresh spinach

Directions:
1. Brown beef in a skillet.
2. Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta and spinach.
3. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
4. During last 30 min on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta and spinach.

Comments